• 3 cardamom pods, seeds removed
• 75g caster sugar
• 70g desiccated coconut
• 1/2 vanilla pod, split, seeds scraped
• 1 egg white
• Zest of 1 orange, juice of half
• 4 large plums (or any soft stone fruit), halved and stoned
• Vanilla ice-cream, to serve
1 Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4. Place the cardamom seeds in a mortar and grind to a powder. Pour into a bowl and mix well with the sugar, coconut, vanilla seeds, egg white, orange zest and juice.
2 Place plums cut-side up on a baking tray. Pile the coconut mixture into the holes. Bake for 15-18 minutes, till the crumble is golden brown and the fruit soft. Serve with vanilla ice-cream.